The new generation of EV charging is here
TotalEnergies Gas & Power and ChargePoint have partnered to bring world-leading networked EV charging technology to the UK.
Traditional, non-networked or “dumb” chargers can be cheaper upfront, but they will cost more in the long run when you have to pull them out and replace them with networked chargers that have the features drivers demand.
Networked, or “smart,” charging solutions allow all types of businesses to connect EV charging stations to a network. No matter what business you’re in, this offers many benefits, from remote monitoring of stations, to customising who can charge and how much they pay, to installing more stations without electrical upgrades. This can benefit businesses that want to install more charging spots without putting in a new transformer, retail stores that want to set a fee for charging after people are done shopping or multifamily communities that need to track residents’ energy use. Networked charging also makes it easy to get new features over time, like new ways to charge or new reporting options.
For further information
Call us on 0800 542 3275
or email [email protected]
* Mandatory fields
Why EV Charging is Good For Any Business
More and more companies in the UK are starting to install charging solutions at their offices, factories and facilities as they begin to electrify their company car fleets. At the same time, their employees, customers and visitors are already starting to switch to electric cars as more and more affordable and attractive EV models are launched into the market.
Offering EV charging has many benefits
- Achieve sustainability goals
- Establish your brand as a green leader
- Improve productivity
- Increase employee and customer satisfaction
Why ChargePoint technology?
- The world’s leading electric vehicle (EV) charging network
- Delivering EV charging for more than 10 years
- Embedded software robustness
- Compatible with 100% of EVs
- Service guarantee with 24/7 driver support
- Easily manage and measure usage, costs and revenue
- Generate environment reports and analytics
- Weather-resistant charging stations
Did you know?
- 67% of vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2040
- The government forecast there will be 3 million EVs on roads in the UK by 2025
- 20 to 25 million EV passenger cars on the roads envisaged by 2050 across the UK
- Around 3 million charge points by 2025
- A 3.5 kW Nissan Leaf energy consumption is equivalent to that of a kettle operating at a continuous rate for several hours
- EV uptake could double the domestic peak demand observed without EV deployment
EV Charging Solutions Available:
- No matter what your requirements, we have the EV Charging products to suit. Our most popular models include:
- Cutting-edge platform built for the next 10 years of electric cars, buses and lorries
- Interactive video display, input buttons and cord management make stations safe and easy to use
- Designed for durability and reliability, stations are designed for all weather conditions
Find the latest Chargepoint product information here (opens in new window).
- Set the price that drivers pay to use charging stations based on energy cost, duration, time of use, session length or driver group
- Advanced access controls that manage which drivers can access stations and when
- Power management software reduces station installation costs, lowers ongoing electricity costs and lets you charge more vehicles
- More than 35 charts and analytics, available with a click, summarise important trends for planning and management reporting
- Waitlist makes charging more convenient by notifying drivers when a charging spot becomes available and holding it
- A graphical dashboard shows real-time status and a detailed map, making it easy to manage stations from your desk or mobile phone
- Industry-leading enhanced maintenance option
- Parts, on-site labour and orchestration of repairs by expert support specialists
- Proactive monitoring, regular reports and unlimited changes to station policies
- One business day response to requests and 98% annual uptime guarantee
- 24/7 driver support
- Monthly summary and quarterly detailed performance and utilisation reports
- Labour coverage for damage caused by vandalism or accidents
Available grants and incentives for the UK
- Government grants to support the wider use of electric vehicles are available via the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV)
- The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charging stations, for eligible businesses, charities and public sector organisations
- Other regional and local grants and incentives exist across the UK