Selling Your Energy - Renewable Electricity or Gas
Having worked with independent generators since 2008, our team of experts are on hand to assist with finding the correct solution to match your individual requirements and maximise revenues. We have an innovative suite of Power Purchase Agreements and Gas Purchase Agreements (PPAs & GPAs) designed to meet lender and bank requirements.
Our approach is simple: whether you are just starting out or are well established, we aim to provide you with access to the wholesale market irrespective of the size or purpose of your generation asset.
Our PPA and GPA products range from a five year fixed price to a truly flexible option allowing access to the forward energy market as well as hourly day ahead prices - with a term to suit your financing requirements.
Suitable for all technology types, our contracts offer the benefits of being embedded on the distribution networks and can include the purchase of associated renewable certificates.
Total Gas & Power and Reactive Technologies: PPA innovation driving new value for renewable asset owners
These are both challenging and exciting times for renewable generators in the UK.
POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENTS (PPA)
- Budget certainty by providing a fixed price for every unit of power exported to grid
- Protects against market price volatility
- We can provide fixed price PPAs from 6 months to 5 years
- Spread your risk through multiple transactions on the forward market
- If you don’t hedge your full forecast, we’ll transact on your behalf to bring you to your forecast level
- Choose to leave all your generation to go on an average index price if you do not want to forward fix
- Manage a hedging strategy to truly maximise your revenues
- Taking advantage of forward contracts on the wholesale market as well as Day Ahead transactions
- Fully optimise and effectively manage your generation assets
- Flexibility and freedom, without the need for forecasting
- Ability to add/remove sites as and when required
- Convenient way to fulfil transactions through your PPA
- Transparent daily price aligned to movements in the wholesale energy market
- Freedom to reforecast as often as you like up until the day before generation
- A long-term guaranteed off take of your exported power can assist financing of your generation project
- Power prices can be linked to a transparent market index
- May include long-term commitment to procure your associated benefits
ENERGY MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
Our Energy Procurement Platform enables embedded power generators to access wholesale-based pricing and products to sell their generated power directly to Total Gas & Power. The web-based software also enables businesses to access the N2EX Daily Auction to help to maximise their short-term potential.
For natural gas-fed generators, there is the ability to lock in gas at prices available on the platform. Having access to gas import and power export prices that are updated regularly throughout the day, coupled with the generating plant efficiency, gives businesses the information they need to calculate their spark spreads before locking a position.
The facility is also available with an automated switching unit that links generating equipment directly to the platform ensuring the equipment is optimised based on your pre-planned generation schedules.
Access to pricing and products for volumes from 50 therms of daily gas and 100kW of power on an hourly level provides exceptional flexibility to operate generating equipment helping to ensure excellent returns from the customer’s generation assets.
The platform also provides management information using half hourly electricity meter reads and daily gas feeds, as well as having the ability to produce generation statements in preparation for monthly invoicing.
GAS PURCHASE AGREEMENTS (GPA)
Whatever your plan for selling energy, we have the right GPA for you, whether you have a standalone production asset or are investing in a portfolio to gas to grid projects.
Our portfolio of GPA products are designed to meet bank and lender requirements and provide you with the flexibility and appetite to risk that suits you.
To find out more about how you can benefit from our PPAs, GPAs and Energy Management Platform, get in touch with our dedicated team today:
Peter Roberts: Embedded Generation Business Development Manager
+44 (0)7778 418041
Robert Brannan: Embedded Generation Business Development Manager
+44 (0)7717 300742
Trevor Howe: Embedded Generation Business Development Manager
+44 (0)7717 301244
Nick Hodgson: Head of Embedded Generation
+44 (0)7976 863968